18.1.10

The Decision to 'Go Forth Boldly'

"Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams; live the life you've imagined."


Oh, Thoreau.

I've been doing a lot lately without actually doing much, and it's starting to really piss me off. I've been feeling "if it's not one thing, it's another" lately. Constantly. It's begun to irk me. Badly. The combination of external circumstance and internal conflict is something like vinegar and baking soda. Violent. While trying not to make too many resolutions about changing this, that, or the other, I've found myself even more interested in just that. Changing. I need some change in my life, and badly. I've been doing some thinking, and I just don't know how I can maintain the lifestyle I lead and still be successful. Something's got to give.

On the career front...

Selling advertising is still going roughly. I'm really busting ass at this job and not seeing a whole lot of turn around, which is frustrating. I'm just hoping the actual DOING of the job gets a little easier soon too.

ALSO-

I was just hired as a hostess at a really great restaurant downtown, but then yesterday heard tell of a bartending position which may be opening up in my near future. I don't want to flake on hostessing, but I don't want to pass up a good opportunity either. I just want to make enough money to move! Decisions, decisions.


___


Moving right along...


I was told for four days I was going to be going to the zoo. I'm not sure if you know, but the Riverbanks Zoo is free, yes I said FREE every Friday in January and February. I wanted to go, but my friend's said no, we'll go tomorrow. I heard that every day for four days. BS. I never did get to go. Maybe this week. Shame though, we've been having such nice weather, I bet the zoo animals were all kinds of excited about the heat wave.




Oh, I also came across this little photo gallery, which really makes you think about the generation we're growing up in. Check it out...
Fallen Princesses

Photographer Dina Goldstein gives us a more modern interpretation of the classic fairy tale princess. You can find more of her work at her website.






___


at any rate, this is going to be a loooong week.
wish me luck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how you not going to give me a birthday shout out when you write a blog on my birthday, you bitch.

H_nn_hB_n_n_ said...

because I didn't know you even read my blog. here, lets rectify this...